Monday, August 26, 2013

Aloha and Mahalo.....

I am inheriting a glitter wall. One less beautiful girl will be on the Eastern Seaboard. I should be thrilled. But, I am not. I. Am. Not. Why, you ask? Well it’s all because one of WAKA’s most important players is leaving us…



Leila has literally changed my life. Once she introduced me to those Apple Sauce shots I starting asking for them at every bar I go to and no one knows how to make them. I tell them and they always fuck it up. So I try to make them myself, and I can get close, but nothing compares to her MF'n shots!…”- Keith Morehart

“Writing this blog will totally expose my girl crush on her…”- Marilee Columbus

“I'm pretty sure J-Hard (from NY)  fell in love with Leila. I was surprised he didn't move to Hampton afterwards the way he was talking.” –Brent Wentworth

“Leila has been as much of a staple of WAKA Wednesday as much as the After Midnight Photo, Bar Buzz, or me arguing calls. Luckies definitely won't be the same without her, maybe it's time to think about a new sponsor bar...Good luck with island life Leila, I heard it's tough!” –Scott Duncan

"Leila has been such a great friend to the WAKA community - she is always a friendly face behind the bar and her hospitality and love for kickballers is unmatched by anyone else! We will sorely miss her beautiful face ready to serve up our hearts desire every Wednesday night but we wish her much luck in her future endeavors! Mahalo, Leila!!” –Emily Ross Cook

“I've covered every theme party possible with Leila and she's the best WAKA bartender. In three words: Glitter, themey, oo-la-la”- Jesse Jones

“Leila is the best bartender because she always remembers your drink of choice and never gets upset when you message her the next day asking if you paid your tab.” –Mike Via
 
This special Bar Buzz Tribute goes out to our favorite applesauce shot making, glitter throwing, tutu wearing bartender; Ms. Leila Lleva!! (I wish I could add some myspace glitter effect or Baby Bash song  to this post…)




Leila is moving back to Hawaii. Now, this is fantastic for her and the Aloha state. For the rest of us mainlanders though, it’s pretty much the worst thing ever.  Leila has seen us at our league at our best and worst. And after all the waka bombs, wobbling, and being hit on by WAKA guys and girls, she still greets us every week with a smile.


Leila has inspired all of us to don costumes, take shots, dance on bars, and step our post game looks up so we don’t seem like hobos next to her.

Sadly this week is her last week with us WAKA players. I shall pause for you to cry and compose yourself….. done? Me neither…… ok we are good.  So as we celebrate the Fall Season, throw on a flower hair clip, lei, or hula skirt in her honor and please don’t forget to tell Leila “Aloha” and “Mahalo.”.(Don’t worry you can still creep on her facebook when you miss her, but it won’t be the same.)





<3,

Marilee




No comments:

Post a Comment