Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Clubwaka Winter Weeks 5 and 6 Recaps

Hey everyone, sorry for the "no e-mail update" last week. Pain meds were doing their job and knocking me out whenever I thought I was gonna do something. That being said, here's two weeks worth of recaps.

First and foremost, I want to thank my CLUBWAKA team that helped me the last couple weeks (I might need another week, but hopefully not). They are:

Anna Gray - She helped set up the fields week 5. She's the commissioner of the Thursday league in Phoebus, so sign up here! OH!.. Did you know? She had to go to a bridal shower after the game too, talk about dedication!

Shalynn Phillips - After Anna's outstanding job and courage to potentially go against her own bridesmaid, Shalynn stepped up and help take field down and held down the fort at County week 5... Which brings, last but not least -

Curtis Michael -  He set up and took down the fields last week. He's the commissioner of the Friday night league at Kiln Creek fields in Yorktown.

Of course, I can't leave out the Big Man, Brent Wentworth Jr. - he would've done it last week but was feeling sickly and the Mrs said no... and when the Mrs says no, you don't go. I don't blame you for that one.

OK. Now on to the stuff you guys care and want to know about...

Week 5 Scores:

Standings after week 5:


Week 6 scores:


Standings currently:


Tid Bit Nipply caught the ugly bug that had 1 girl injury and had life happen to 3 others which resulted in an unfortunate forfeit.

Here's the schedule for this week and reffing assignments:

It worked out this week that you'll be reffing on the same field you play - yay.

Shoutouts - The biggest one I can think of that I heard is the Fetch for Come Juggle game in Week 5. Fetch was down nine - that's right nine - runs, rallied and won the game. That definitely makes me wish I was there to see it. That must have been sooooo excited. Congrats on a well played game for both teams.

Open Play - Those who have already signed up to play in the Spring on Wednesdays, or at least those who are thinking about it. Come to the Open Play we have on March 25th! HERE is the event page. Please RSVP and share it to everyone you know, yes, even your step brother you didn't know you had. Why? Because it's fun.. and we also play on the same field as the Peninsula Pilots, because we're kinda a big deal too. Not to mention, they just refurbished the whole outfield and looks GREAT. In this league, we go to Guy Fieri's Pizza Parlor just a few minutes away with some awesome specials.. Definitely a league you want to play in.

NEXT WEEK'S GAMES - I just wanted to give everyone a reminder. While the schedule now shows blank, IT IS NOT A BYE WEEK. It was going to be used for any rainouts we had. If we don't have any, it'll be a competitive week. 1 seed plays 2, 3 seed plays 4, etc.. It will be populated after this week's games and seedings are in. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause any teams.

I'll leave you with this awesome play that happened recently.. You're gonna love it.
Until next time!

Troy Carter - Commish

No comments:

Post a Comment